Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Bounty Hunter, FA

The Bounty Hunter is an incredible piece of rock and I am psyched to have gotten the FA.  The route is unique to the Swett Hills wash due to its texture and feature.  Using a lot of body tension and a razor sharp edge you work out a steep roof to a perfect blunt arete .  It went down the first go last Friday due to extra cold conditions. It checks in right around V10 for me.


Video of the FA of The Bounty Hunter and 50 Degrees of Perfection.

I named it the bounty hunter because it is located deeper in the wash than any other currently established problem in the wash.  Also when I hiked in I knew I had 10 goes or less due to the razor edge.  I have worked the problem in two previous sessions and the edge would cut my finger after a few goes and I would be unable to climb for 3 day while it healed up.  If your wondering if the problem is worth your time...YES it is, the movement it full value.  Note: If you are 5' 11" or taller you may be able to toss directly to the arete and avoid the edge. 

Next send will hopefully be the Lions Den Project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment