Monday, December 12, 2011

Moving On

I have taken about a month off of climbing trying to let my tendons fully heal-up.  It had been too long since we had been out so, Rachel and I went down to Moe's Valley to get back on the rock.   The goal was to keep it mellow and shock my system back into climbing.  Well after a quick warm-up we headed up to the hill to my nemesis, Gription. This thing has to be one of the hardest V9's for Vertically challenged climbers.  I have been avoiding it since last February but thought I would give it one last effort since I feel a bit stronger than last year.  I quickly remembered the beta through the beginning and before I knew it I had stuck the crux sloper. I held it just long enough to think I had it before popping off. After a few more falls on the same spot it was time to wash my hands of this problem for now and move on.

We ran into Casey and Sheralee and did a few fun moderates before trying Casey's new problem- Scavanger Soup. Its pretty cool, very Moe's Valley- vertical roof climbing on less than optimal feet between strangely positive edges.  I unfortunately didn't send as the problem started aggravating my fingers.

Casey made some large strides on his project- Settlers of Catan-V11. He linked from one move into the top.    Although the problem doesn't appeal to me it is stout, props to Casey for getting close. It is only a matter of time until he sends.

Well this is the week we are moving to Vegas.  We are semi-packed but 100% ready to move.  I am really psyched on possibilities. Their are hundreds of problems that I have never seen.  I plan on spending our first 3 weeks down there climbing as much as possible.  We will also have a climbing gym close by for the first time in 5 years.  I should finally be able to push through to a new level.  I also plan to get back on a rope, it has been almost 5 months since I last sport climbed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment